Saturday 24 February 2007

Feeling beastly

There are times when I understand my vocation better than others. Having been rocked by a murder on the beach near our house at Port Elliot (here) I knew that when I went there yesterday it was incumbent upon me to be a priest. So I prayed for the dear young thing whose troubled life (which 15 year old is not troubled) ended by floating in the shallows on our favourite beach.Whether it meant anything for her, her family, the universe or the community....it was the right things for me to do as a priest.
I often solemenly pray the Lord's Prayer whilst floating in the water. I use ritual actions which my youngest daughter once observed..."I know what you were doing" she said. Not a bad thing for her to know that her dad was saying the Lord's Prayer!

No comments: