Tuesday 16 October 2007

10 things I hate

Apart from being my favourite movie (here) I have been wondering about the ten things I hate about the presenting parties at this election time....these will have to grow as time goes on so check back
Labor
  1. I hate their failure to provide sufficient distinction between themselves and their opponents. This phenomenon will no doubt go down in the history books as the decade in which the two parties became indistinguishable
  2. I hate their capitulation to market driven economics and their desertion of the commitment to traditional labor policies in education, health and social welfare
  3. I despise the fact that the Labor party's compassion for the underdog has now been thrown away
  4. I hate that they are no more compassionate to refugees than their opponents
Liberal
  1. I hate the arrogance of a government that thinks that the electorate should be grateful without question for their policies of the last decade
  2. I hate the proposition that they and they alone have the answers
  3. I hate the opportunism that in getting control of the senate they took the opportunity to introduce workplace reforms which had not been debated in the electorate
  4. I hate a particular candidate in whose electorate I have been who appears to have taken his electorate for granted until our support appear to have been in doubt.
  5. I hate the cynicism of throwing money at the electorate in less than subtle ways (or even subtle ways) in what looks like vote buying
  6. I hate the revelation that we are supposed to believe that after ten years of government there are suddenly a whole range of issues that can now be addressed which haven't been addressed in that decade ...in areas of health, aboriginal issues, education etc
  7. I hate the way refugees have been treated

2 comments:

Arthur_Vandelay said...

I won't be voting for either party.

Stephan Clark said...

Well, I have a dilemma as I live in Boothby!
I haven't voted for either major party for the 12 years we have lived here...but I guess even if you don't...you do!
At least we will probably get our Mr X up for the Senate.