Friday 16 November 2007

Hope, not springing so eternal

Incomprehensible letter from Telstra today, about something called VGDL-Voice Grade Dedicated Line. The gist is that this service is fantastic, but no matter how fantastic it is, it's actually going to be discontinued.
This is how Mr Trujillo (here)gets and keeps his millions it seems, by structuring the company to offer less and less service for more and more money.
Any way despite the fact that the letter came to the Church of England (I have been trying to tell them that we have not been the C of E for 30 years but it's too hard) Any way I also wondered where we had this service, which looks like a direct line from one premise to another. It does actually list point A and point B: They are respectively 203 Flinders Lane, Melbourne & Bishop's Court, 120 Clarendon Street Melbourne.
Now did I fall asleep and become the Archbishop of Melbourne while snoozing? Have I been mysteriously transported to Victoria and not realised it?
Of course it could just be a mistake. My point? This sort of minor mistake obviously indicates that they have not got control over their systems.
Should I now spend what will probably end up being an hour of my time trying to find out if this will cause me or the Archbishop of Melbourne any further trouble. By my reckoning if I charged at Sol's rates, an hour would cost at least $7000!
Have a nice day!!

1 comment:

Arthur_Vandelay said...

If Labor doesn't wrap itself in the flag then the terrorists win!