Wednesday 14 November 2007

Stunning recital

Sarah's recital last evening was stunning. Her interpretation of the Schumann song cycle Frauenliebe, which traces the course of a courtship through marriage, and ultimately to the point of the devastating death of the husband was stunning.
It will be interesting to see what it's like in ten years time when there is some emotional trauma to back it up.
Am I too much of a father too, when I say that she has got the "Wagner" in her? I definitely heard it...power and emotion, love and tragedy. It's there.
She needs a few French lesson but her Faure songs were delightful, but topped off with the raucuous Polly songs from Threepenny Opera. I think she will get that too as time goes on, but they are powerful, powerful songs.
She slipped into her own when singing Cole Porter's "I Hate Men" crowned by slicing the top off a cucumber at the finale. I gave D the offending piece and told him that I thought this belonged to him!!
Great stuff girl!

No comments: