Tuesday 2 September 2008

Heavy weigh-in


Events of the last few days seem to be sitting heavily with me, though there is a sense in which crap is being moved. And while that is messy, it is good to do it. And even better to have it done. But why is there so much of it?


In a conversation with someone after Kirk on Sunday they said "I just wish it would all be over!"


I agree. I remember thinking in my early days on the Professional Standards Committee (of which I am no longer a member), Surely this week when we go for our meeting we will ahev made some head way.


But no, each time there was a new pile, and then the next time time another pile.


Recent events, take me back thirty...no forty years! (here for one version!). And an awful lot of chickens seem to be coming home to roost. So maybe this is good....But really sad! Hurtful! And it grinds you down!


I am struck (yet again) by how poor the church is at process. And how like everyone else we are when we should deal better with people. But we watch our backs, we stretch the truth, and like everyone else some of us must (apparently) not be telling the truth, since mutually contradictory tales are being told
God help us!


No comments: