Tuesday 27 November 2007

See, Look, Perceive

I spent last evening on retreat (as I will do on Wednesday and Friday). Called "Glimpses of Glory" and led by Peter Randle who is the artist-in-residence for the Prospect City Council (one of his works here).
Peter invited us to just pay some attention with our eyes. It is always worth noting that when we actually stop to do this sort of thing that we realise that for most of the time we see and hear nothing.
Seeing we do not see, and hearing we do not hear
as one of those old prophets put it.
So today (for half an hour at least...before I forget) I will try to pay more attention

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What place does understanding have in this?

Stephan Clark said...

I guess that the movement from seeing to perceiving is from detachment to understanding!