Tuesday 20 April 2010

Where shall I begin to tell the story


More than one person's eyes have begun to glaze over as I started to tell them the story of how the relatively simple task of changing internet providers (rofl) dragged on for over ten days (nearly a fortnight in fact), then Sunday a phone call from India to say that the internet would be being connected on Monday.
Having destroyed contact with our previous provider - Big Pond- it was high time, and we were all getting a little tetchy. Sure enough yesterday someone rang at 12.20 p.m. to say that internet would happen soon.
We were out for three hours, but not surprised to see that there was a still a red light on the modem ...indicating that there "was a birth certainly"...but not quite there yet.
I optimistically thought it would simply (again rofl) be a matter of putting in new accounts and new passwords. At 12.25 a.m. (two phone calls to India later) I decided that I couldn't do this all; night...and grabbed my eye mask and went to bed. OOOh my head ached..and I slept poorly.
Finally at 5.30 a.m. I risked getting up, and rang India again. This time Said fixed the problem in 10 minutes. It is both a question of what and who you know obviously.
This all begs the question of why this didn't take 10 minutes 24 hours, or 7 days ago!
Oh you look a bit bored!!!

No comments: