Tuesday 18 September 2012

Amazing trip

I have just had the most amazing trip to the north and west of South Australia.
To be sure it was a sort of a 'bucket list' that was generated in the wake of becoming 60.
I am rather over it!
Thank goodness for something I read which convinced me that 'bucket lists' were a bad idea.
But it was good to do..
Five of us, 50+ guys ( we all needed to get up at 3 a.m.!!! at least once during the trip) in some of the most remote parts of our state.
After 3 days I was clear that what ever answers I thought I was going to get had suddenly evaporated.  There are no simple answers.
Don't mean to be preachy but fortuitously (as so often happens) the first Sunday I came back the book of Proverbs reminded us (Proverbs 1:22) "How long, O simple ones, will you love being simple? How long will....fools hate knowledge?"
There are no simple answers. Rich aboriginal culture. Dire poverty. Squalor. Government crassness. Waste of money. Gentleness. Violence. Rubbish. Dead cars. Depth of humanity. The clash of the past and the present .....and so much more
I will try to unfold this in the next couple of weeks
There will not be any answers

No comments: