- great debate over the classic "one hand-one bounce-you're out" rule
- much screaming and shouting
- youngest daughter being hit on the arm with a ball (soft) and trying not to cry, while her cousin the bowler looked guilty and then bowled the next bowl into her face
- youngest nephew-shouting "No Ball" but no one paying any attention and Dad remarking "It's sad to be the youngest and the only one who knows the rules"
- And of course (at least) two balls going over the fence.
- "Oh there are many 'lost balls'" Dad was heard to remark. "The neighbours are very good and usually throw them back, and I do a scout around the perimeter in the morning"
Saturday, 13 January 2007
It was great to watch 7 out of 9 of the cousins playing cricket at the birthday party last night. Some of the characteristics included: