Saturday 25 December 2010

Best wishes

There is no doubt that I should go for a walk on this Christmas Day. And that I should not eat any more chocolate.
Have had a lovely day with my girls, and the three worship services I led were all quite lovely. As usual it was the young children's service that started our celebration of Christmas. The eagerness and gentleness of the really young is always a good note. I reminded our packed Midnight Mass that God is showing us that we should be child like...not childish but childlike ....to recognise that God is giving human beings the means to meet their deepest needs.

This is not intellectual..it is a gift..without strings and undeserved..it is grace, and more than this it is grace upon grace upon grace.

I wish all you who read me a very Happy Christmas.

No comments: